NEW CLEANING FLUID EVALUATION
• We evaluated the newest petroleum fluid, CO2 fluid and
• We rejected petroleum because it is a (VOC) volatile organic compound and
is considered a hazardous waste.
• We rejected the new CO2 cleaning for concern of system safety and
potential CO2 environmental concerns.
• We selected after considerable research, It had the Greatest
EPA acceptance and the most favorable cleaning advantages for the customer.
WHAT IS CLEANING FLUID?
It is chemically: Decamethyl…Cyclopenta…Siloxane-commonly referred to as
It breaks down into:
- SiO2(sand) major porition
- H2O (water) 2nd minor portion
- CO2(carbon dioxide) 3rd minor portion
- is manufactured by GE/Procter & Gamble
The Cleaning solvent is an odorless clear liquid composed of modified liquid
silicone, similar to the base ingredients used in many popular cosmetics, deodorants and
The Cleaning solvent is non-toxic and non-irritating to skin. The U.S.
Environmental Protection Agency has listed it under its Significant New Alternative Policy
(SNAP) as a preferred alternative to ozone-depleting chemicals.
Safe and gentle, appropriate for all fabrics.
Clothes retain a soft, smooth, new and natural feel.
Does not fade colors or leave a chemical odor on fabrics.
No special handling required for special trims such as beads or sequins.
Won't contaminate soil or groundwater. If spilled on the
ground, within a short period of time it will decompose into its base elements ofSiO2(sand),
H2O (water) and CO2
If discharged to water, it will evaporate rapidly into the
air. Acute studies with trout, daphnia and algae show no significant effects at thehighest
doses prescribed by the test methodology.
•EPA lists it as “SNAP” material, a substitute for
•Classified as non-VOC (volatile organic compound). Specifically exempted; degrades in the
atmosphere -unlike all petroleum-based products.